Dirt Road Charm

Motherhood, Agriculture, and everything in between

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Lab Grown Beef?.....I'll take mine on the hoof please!

There have been many reports in the news lately about lab grown beef.  Some scientist over in the Netherlands is attempting to grow a hamburger in a petri dish from the stem cells of cattle.  He claims that it will be beneficial because it will save animals.  I don't know about you but I enjoy a delicious burger that is grown safely, naturally, and nutritiously. 

He claims that he will have a full hamburger grown by this fall with a price tag of already over $330,000 invested.  I feel that this will not be a very cheap hamburger.  What is wrong with raising cattle for human consumption anyway?  Not only does it provide a valuable protein for a balanced diet but it also provides many important and essential by products.

I personally feel that beef should be grown naturally and I don't believe growing a hamburger in a petri dish is very natural.  Whether you agree or disagree I would love to hear your thoughts!


No comments:

Post a Comment