Dirt Road Charm

Motherhood, Agriculture, and everything in between

Monday, February 13, 2012

Chipotle it's not wise to upset and industry as large as agriculture.....we retaliate with passion

Alright for all of you that watched the Grammy's I'm sure that you saw the Chipotle commercial and if you didn't watch the Grammy's I'm sure you have heard the chatter about the commercial.  If there is a slight chance that you have not seen this commercial here is your chance.

There are many and i mean MANY parts, if not all of this video that I do not agree with and feel it has depicted a very false view of "factory farming".  Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to criticize how farming was done back in the 1950's but without modern technology it would be very difficult if not impossible to feed the world. Also, as much as you would like to see pigs running around out on pasture under the elements they would have a very hard time surviving these negative degree winters.

While I could ramble on and on about what is not correct about this video some other bloggers have pretty much nailed it in response to this commercial so I will share with you their views and thoughts and save my fingers from writing a book :)

Crystal Cattle is a blog that I follow and she is very good at commentating on issues in the agricultural industry and advocating the industry as well.  You can read her response here.  Also the National Cattlemen's Beef Association has a blog that responded to this when the commercial actually came out last September and you can read their response here.

Instead of listening to a marketing gimmick I would suggest talking to your local farmers and ranchers about how food is made.....just sayin

No comments:

Post a Comment