Dirt Road Charm

Motherhood, Agriculture, and everything in between

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Welcome to Dirt Road Charm

I grew up in the agricultural community and it has been in my blood ever since.  My father was blessed with three daughters so we were the boys he never had.  We did it all....from planting corn and beans in the spring to combining the crops in the fall.  The many trips to the elevator with grain and hearing how things were going from the other farmers was always a good time.

It didn't really interest me to blog until i was standing in line at the grocery store and the girl behind me, who couldn't have been much older than 15, asked her mom if chocolate milk really came from brown cows.  I was floored!  I then realized I must do my part to get the word out to all the uninformed people where their food comes from. 

Through this blog i hope to share my story and information of what agriculture is about.  Through my travels and just everyday life I hope that you gain an understanding of what it takes for farmers and ranchers to create the product that most of us take for granted......food.  You will also get to see some of the things i love and am obsessed with along the way!  Enojoy!

Just to share a few things i am obsessed with.  Cowboy boots.....I may own 15 pair but you can never have too many!

No comments:

Post a Comment