Dirt Road Charm

Motherhood, Agriculture, and everything in between

Monday, March 4, 2013

King George....The Cowboy Rides Away

35 years in the music business with 59 number 1's and about to make it 60; I would say makes for a pretty amazing career as a country artist.  George Strait is quite the legend in my eyes.  He ranks right up there with Chris Ledoux.  For someone that has been making hits since before I was born it is easy to find a memory in almost every song he plays!  You can almost remember an exact location or event that you were at or attending when hearing a certain song.  That is one of the many things I love about music....the fact that it can take you back be it good or bad.



I had the amazing opportunity to attend one of his final concerts this past weekend down in Lexington KY.  It is one of those moments that you will remember for years to come.  That moment that he comes out on stage and you instantly have goosebumps and your heart starts racing......  Yeah that moment.

 I feel with my generation we just aren't creating legends like they used to.  Many new artists are a couple album wonders and then are gone and forgotten.  Where are the artists that stick around for 30+ years like George Strait?  They are few and far between that is for sure!  For any of you George Strait fans out there I would highly recommend snagging tickets to his final tour if he comes near you.  You will not be disappointed!

One of my favorite all time songs of his would have to be Amarillo by morning.  Anytime this song comes on I have no control and belt it out at the top of my lungs!  I snagged a clip to share!


His new song is also becoming a favorite for me.  I don't know what it is but this mans voice can melt a heart that is for sure!   Don't judge my video quality :)


For any of you visiting down in Lexington I have a few touristy suggestions for you! If you are looking for a good bourbon distillery definitely visit Woodford Reserve Distillery.  The drive up is quite breathtaking!  I'm fairly certain the horses barns are nicer than the house I live in!  If you are looking for a good brewery then make sure to stop at West Sixth Brewery.  I am a huge fan of Shiner beer so their Smithtown Brown was quite tasty!!  Last but not least you have to eat at Ramsey's Diner.  This place was amazing!  I had a Kentucky Hot Brown for the first time.....holy heart attack in your mouth but it was amazing!


I hope you all have a fantastic start to your week!

~Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment