Dirt Road Charm

Motherhood, Agriculture, and everything in between

Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday's Favorite Things!!

So I have decided that every Friday I will share some of my favorite things, addictions, obsessions, etc.  If you know me already you probably know that I am obsessed with music.  I am an itunes junkie and have thousands of songs on my ipod!  Not only do I love music but I absolutely love Texas country music.  It is way better than mainstream country!  So for today's favorite thing I am going to share one of my favorite bands with you and their new single!!! 

The Casey Donahew Band is definitely one of my top 10 favorite Texas country bands!  They have a new single out called Double-Wide Dream and it is fabulous.  I have been fortunate enough to see them in concert both in Chicago and down in Fort Worth.  If any of you get the chance to see them you will not regret it.

So to explain a little why I love Texas country so much I will start out with saying the sound is totally different from those of you who love mainstream country.  Texas country is a little more rough and uncensored per say.  Most if not all of these artists write their own songs for the whole album which is very unique.  The songs most often tell a story and have a meaning behind them. 

All of you go out and buy the single or listen to some tracks on their website and maybe you will want to buy a whole album.  I may have them all and let me tell ya there isn't a bad song on a single album!  Enjoy!!
www.caseydonahewband.com

No comments:

Post a Comment