Dirt Road Charm

Motherhood, Agriculture, and everything in between

Monday, September 10, 2012

Cody Canada and The Departed + Agvocating = Dynamic Duo

While many of you may already know I am one the biggest red dirt music fans ever if not the number 1 fan!!  I have many favorite bands but one of my ultimate favs would have to be Cody Canada....while I loved him in Cross Canadian Ragweed he is just as amazing in The Departed!


The Departed currently released their first single to the Texas country music scene for their new album coming out November 13 called ADVENTUS. The single is called Worth The Fight and you can listen to this awesome song here!

This song has a great title because it reminds me in some ways why I love agvocating and why I do what I do. Sharing my passion for agriculture is definitely "worth the fight".  While fighting isn't really the motive behind my agvocating but sometimes these debates can get heated.  When you are passionate about something and emotions are involved sometimes you find yourself getting defensive and wanting to fight back.

I have grown so much as a person since I started blogging and sharing my story just by connecting with some of the best agvocates in the industry.  They have taught me how to be a better listener and to try to find a connection with people that share a different view than you.  This will enable the start of a conversation and help to get a better understanding of their concerns instead of just getting into a heated debate and solving nothing. 

Another great lesson learned is to stop trying to create divisions within the industry and to support all sectors.  While attending the AgChat Foundation Advocacy Conference in Kansas city I heard many great statements that really hit hard and made me think about my actions such as "United
We Stand-Divided We Fall" quoted by Michele Payn-Knoper and "If people are eating they are supporting agriculture" quoted by Mike Haley.  There are many choices out there and we should support all choices even if they aren't our choices. 

These great lessons have helped me grow as as agvocate and help me show the truths about agriculture to all those who will listen.  I recently had someone tell me thank you for my blog because it connects them with the correct information and they don't have to sort through all the articles out there and they are able to stay current and up to date on what is going on in the industry.  Those comments are what make it "Worth The Fight".

Now go support The Departed, listen to their single, and buy their album when it's released!!

Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. I could not agree more....it is worth the fight..

    ReplyDelete