Dirt Road Charm

Motherhood, Agriculture, and everything in between

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I finally did it!!!!

A little hidden secret of mine is that I have been trying to do a pull up for the LONGEST time!  I go to a trainer twice a week and "attempt" to work out on my own twice a week.  Well I have always wanted to be able to do a full pull up on my own unassisted.   Today I FINALLY DID IT!!!! 

I had bought a pull up bar for my house because the only time I could use one was when I was at the gym so I thought that if I had one at home I could practice more.  I hung it above the bathroom door so whenever I went in there I would attempt to do one.  Well tonight as I was finishing making dinner I thought to myself as I walked by it I would give it a try because it has been a solid week since I have done partial pull ups.  I got on....hung down....and DID A FULL PULL UP!!  Now I thought it was unreal at first so I went about my business, took a shower and came back to it thinking maybe that was a fluke so lets try it again......I DID IT AGAIN!  

We (as in my trainer and I) have been working on this for what seems like forever!  It probably isn't as long as my inpatient self would make it seem but it has been a long time comin!  I started to feel like it was never going to happen and was loosing faith but with a little persistence and dedication I finally did a full legit from hanging to chin above bar pull up.   I was so excited that I seriously almost started crying!  I instantly texted my trainer who I'm sure was sleeping because she is very much pregnant and i think her bed time is like 8? 

While this may seem really lame to some I just wanted to share with you this great milestone in my life.....yes I will be marking this day down!  And here are the two most important things I have to give credit to my success.......

 This would be my fabulous trainer Michele....check her out.  She is amazing and will get you to do a pull up too!! :)





Last but not least this amazing little pull up bar that I got at Dicks Sporting Goods for $19.  Best investment yet!

Moral of the story.....Don't Give Up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment